Senior Manager, Growth Operations (WeatherBug)
NY, NY, Germantown, MD or Remote
Established in 1993, WeatherBug is a popular weather site and mobile app providing hyperlocal, live weather data and proactive alerting to consumer users. With over 15 million unique users per month, across all platforms, WeatherBug’s vision is to provide environmental intelligence for all aspects of people’s lives. The WeatherBug app is a top-rated weather app in the app stores. In 2019, WeatherBug was named the best weather app by MediaPost’s Appy Awards. WeatherBug is owned and operated by GroundTruth, the leading global location technology platform. Learn more: www.weatherbug.com
- Identify, market-size, and strategize around the growth of the WeatherBug business.
- Manage existing growth partnerships across carriers, OEMs, and distribution platforms.
- Analyze, discover, and prioritize efficiencies in the WB business operations.
- Partner with sales, programmatic, data science, product, and technology teams to surface and prioritize company operations and growth tactics.
- Evaluate large business decisions with manager, review potential solutions, collaborate and choose the best solutions/course of action
- Act as a thought leader, by taking initiative to keep up with industry news and trends and sharing with the team, as well as contribute to industry thought leadership externally.
- A multi-faceted businessperson with a background in user growth, product marketing, data science, and operations.
- A highly collaborative team player, with the ability to work well with sales, pre-sale, account management and technology teams.
- A top-notch communicator who is adept at influencing, persuading and conveying ideas in a meaningful way to secure commitment and support from others while generating excitement and enthusiasm.
- Able to think strategically and translate that strategy into effective tactics.
- 5-7 years of experience from digital experience, preferably mobile.
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with large data sets to determine user-centric solutions.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both in person and over the phone.
- Competency in general data science principles.
- Strong organizational and planning skills, an attention to detail, and an appreciation of deadlines and goals.
Above all else, we hire for kindness. We operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team is committed to the success and growth of WeatherBug. Our culture is highly entrepreneurial, and our success comes from our employees who voice their opinions and ideas to facilitate growth to our bottom line. We reward hard work, support career development, offer comprehensive benefits, and foster a fun and friendly work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.