Client Partnership Manager
GroundTruth is the leading global location platform that leverages data and insights to drive business performance. Using its proprietary Blueprints technology, GroundTruth is able to learn about mobile users and reach them at the right place and right time, ultimately helping companies make smarter marketing decisions, increase sales, and grow their businesses. Since its foundation in 2009, GroundTruth has launched several innovative products and won numerous awards, including Inc. 5000’s Fast Growing Private Companies and Deloitte’s Fast 500 Technology companies. Today, we’re proud to employ over 400 employees across three continents, and serve millions of marketers across 21 countries. Learn more: www.groundtruth.com
Role and Responsibilities:
- Drive sales and revenue with targeted agencies and advertisers in the UK
- Creating strong, comprehensive, strategic and tactical business development plans with limited line manager input
- Sales presentations, varying from one-on-one meetings to large groups, both advertisers and agencies
- Evangelising the power of location from strategic and executional perspectives and with clients of all levels of seniority
- Prospecting, research, calling and meeting new and current clients
- Gain understanding of client business objectives, communications strategies and KPI’s.
- Preparing and delivering responses to client briefs that articulate the role for location in the context of a clients’ business objectives and communication strategy
- Providing market intelligence and understanding industry and market trends
- Deriving client-centric insights from GroundTruth location data / other sources and help clients understand how they could act upon them
- Negotiating & closing deals
- Entertaining clients
- Owning agency/client patch taking full responsibility from prospecting to execution, reporting and repeating business
- Develop an understanding of the tools and planning/buying frameworks that have been adopted by your allocated agencies.
- Working with Account Managers to create & revise proposals, managing campaigns from concept to completion, provide full post campaign analysis
- Creating and processing all necessary client facing & internal paperwork / administrative requirements with extreme accuracy (including use of Salesforce)
- Ensuring that other departments are on-track with deliverables and hitting/exceeding client expectations
- Lead troubleshooting discussions with line manager and other departments
- Work to resolve any customer issues and concerns and make recommendations for optimization and future campaigns.
- Proactively sharing best practices & learnings with others in the organisation
- Helping clients identify applications for GroundTruth data across all aspects of the business / media activity
- Build solid relationships with agencies and brands directly at all levels, typically up to Account Director/Business Director/Group Head level
Budgeting & Reporting
- Forecasting, budgeting and regular reporting back to line manager
- Submit accurate, timely pipeline reports on a weekly basis
- Regular monitoring of spend vs targets by brand and agency
- Ensure T&E expenditure remains within budget
- Experience of one or more of the following:
- Client direct sales
- Comms planning within a media agency
- Mobile advertising ecosystem
- RTB/programmatic buying
- Experience managing key accounts and negotiating contracts
- Solid understanding of the digital media/tech ecosystem
- Excellent contacts with media agencies up to and including Account Director/Business Director/Group Head level
- A reasonable understanding of media & comms planning approaches / frameworks / processes
- Knowledge of the strengths, weaknesses and competitive positioning of other media
- Working knowledge of the programmatic ecosystem and the associated practicalities (e.g. how Private MarketPlace campaigns operate) and the ability to explain this to clients.
- Sufficient gravitas & industry knowledge to gain the trust of senior clients (up to MD level)
- Understanding of agency agendas & politics with ability to turn these to an advantage and navigate difficult situations (e.g. conflicts of interest with agency)
- Driven and hungry, this is primarily a new business development role, knock down doors – cold calling is a must
- Integrity, intelligence, and energy
- Committed, proactive, and resourceful. Can be counted on to get the job done on time
- Fast learner, eager to deepen knowledge and understanding of GroundTruth business operations
- Problem solver: Doesn’t wait for someone else to give the answer; takes charge and feels ownership
- Flexible: Dynamic, hard-working, and able to pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands
- Technical Aptitude: Not afraid of new technologies and eager to learn
- Structured, methodical and detailed oriented
- Organized: Ability to prioritize and deliver timely work
- Ability to work autonomously as well as being a team player
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal) with fantastic presentation skills including ability to captivate large audiences whilst delivering content with incredible clarity
- Intermediate level excel & data interrogation skills
- Analytical thinker – ability to interpret GroundTruth data turning it into relevant insights, conclusions, recommendations and stories for clients.
- Friendly, personable and can easily develop strong and productive working relationships with clients
Please note – Candidates must be eligible to work in location they’re applying for as we do not currently support visa or sponsorship application.
We operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team is committed to the success and growth of GroundTruth. Our culture is highly entrepreneurial and our success comes from our employees who voice their opinions and ideas to facilitate growth to our bottom line. We reward hard work, support career development, offer comprehensive benefits, and foster a fun and friendly work environment.
As part of any recruitment process, GroundTruth collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use data and to meeting data protection obligations. We are compliant and have reviewed and updated our privacy notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.