Managing Director, National Sales
Los Angeles, CA
GroundTruth is the leading global location platform that leverages data and insights to drive business performance. Using its proprietary Blueprints technology, GroundTruth is able to learn about mobile users and reach them at the right place and right time, ultimately helping companies make smarter marketing decisions, increase sales, and grow their businesses. Since its foundation in 2009, GroundTruth has launched several innovative products and won numerous awards, including Inc. 5000’s Fast Growing Private Companies and Deloitte’s Fast 500 Technology companies. Today, we’re proud to employ over 400 employees across three continents, and serve millions of marketers across 21 countries. Learn more: www.groundtruth.com
The National Sales team works to understand the mobile needs of national brands, develop strong client relationships, be seen as an indispensable consultative mobile thought leader, and meet and exceed revenue expectations. As the Managing Director of Sales, you will be responsible for large and strategic clients for GroundTruth.
- Lead, develop and inspire a team of high performing sellers.
- Evaluate, develop and execute strategies to influence revenue growth in your region.
- Create a positive culture within the team that is equal parts collaboration and healthy competition.
- Report on the progress and activity and providing accurate weekly projections.
- Independently make sound business decisions within your region with minimal involvement of senior leadership.
- Collaborate with Finance partners to accurately forecast revenue expectations for the team on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and create/set aggressive/attainable quotas for team.
- Collaborate across multiple departments to identify and exploit market opportunities/address internal challenges.
- Establish yourself as a thought leader being well read on the industry/latest market activity.
- Play a lead role in management and activation of strategic and holding company partnerships.
- A strong seller, leader, and negotiator, with finely tuned relationship management skills.
- A creative problem solver and out-of-the-box strategic thinker, with a big picture mentality.
- A top-notch communicator who is adept at influencing, persuading and conveying ideas in a meaningful way to secure commitment and support from others while generating excitement and enthusiasm.
- Eager to work in a rapidly changing start-up environment.
- A team player, willing to take on additional tasks for the betterment of the group, with sales, pre-sale, account management and technology teams.
- Flexible and able to multi-task, manage competing priorities and shift priorities as the situation demands.
- Able to think strategically, and translate that strategy into effective tactics.
- Skilled at creating partnerships and have a talent for consultative selling.
- Able to hit and exceed quarterly revenue expectations, and able to maintain a large plate of deliverables both from the team up and from leadership down.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years’ experience in a sales leadership/management role.
- Minimum 5 – 7 years experience in digital advertising, preferably in the mobile and/or programmatic space.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence cross-functional teams and people both directly and not directly reporting to you.
- Experience selling a self-serve ad platform (demand, supply, or data-based).
- Tons of perseverance, and a “get it done, no matter what” attitude.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with an emphasis on translating insights, product information and data into client value.
- Proven ability to forge relationships with top marketing decision makers at brands and agencies.
- Passion for mobile location technology and media landscape.
We operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team is committed to the success and growth of GroundTruth. Our culture is highly entrepreneurial and our success comes from our employees who voice their opinions and ideas to facilitate growth to our bottom line. We reward hard work, support career development, offer comprehensive benefits, and foster a fun and friendly work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.