Payroll & Benefits Manager
People Operations| Mountain View or New York, NY
GroundTruth is the leading location platform for driving visits. Using its proprietary Blueprints technology, along with predictive targeting products, GroundTruth is able to precisely reach mobile users in the real-world and influence business performance. Since 2009, GroundTruth’s focus on scale and accuracy has allowed it to capture 2 out of 3 smartphone users in the U.S. and more than 30 billion global physical visits annually. Learn more: www.groundtruth.com
As we continue to build out our Global People Operations team, we are looking to bring on a Payroll and Benefits Manager to assist in ensuring our current payroll practices are carried out while ensuring our benefits program is run effectively. This role will report directly to the Head of People Operations (while this may change as the team continues to expand).
● Take ownership of payroll administration function. Manage end to end processing of company payroll for 250+ domestic employees in multi-state locations, and coordination of payroll review for 50+ international employees.
● Develop and enforce payroll policies and procedures to ensure proper internal controls and efficient processes. Ensure the highest standard of payroll services.
● Ensure company is in compliance with federal, state, local, and legal reporting requirements as it relates to payroll; advising management on needed actions.
● Research and resolve any tax authority inquiries to ensure that all regulatory requirements are monitored and are being met, including managing of payroll audits from other agencies.
● Contact and respond to agencies on various payroll related issues, including processing of workers’ compensation and unemployment claims.
● Produce timely and accurate delivery of payroll, including record keeping and reporting.
● Maintain, update, and review employee records in the payroll system by reviewing and entering changes in working status, exemptions, garnishments, insurance coverage, benefit deductions, and tax withholdings.
● Calculate and process termination payments, salary increases, and back pays, etc.
● Review and reconcile 401K contributions and deferral.
● Maintain leave, sick and overtime reports; review of monthly and quarterly accruals.
● Review month-end and year-end reporting processes, such as annual payroll tax and payment summary reconciliations, including monthly payroll related GL accounts.
● Provide technical support and advice regarding the company’s current payroll systems and ensuring proper maintenance and availability of the systems.
● Respond to payroll queries from employees and resolve payroll discrepancies by investigating the issue.
● Prepare payroll related reports for CFO and department managers. Provide administrative support to Accounting, HR, and other departments as needed.
● Lead and execute our global benefit programs including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance coverage; Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Health Savings Accounts (HSA)commuter benefits, retirement plans, onsite and remote wellness programming, COBRA, paid time off, and leaves of absence
● Ensure compliance with all governmental regulations related to benefits programs.
● Lead partnership with benefits broker on renewal recommendations and facilitate annual enrollment process
● Answer employee benefits, 401k and wellness questions
● Conduct new hire benefits orientations
● Lead monthly auditing benefit billing
● Process annual benefits compliance updates and communicate to employees
● Lead administration COBRA, FMLA, and paid leaves in accordance with company policy and local legal requirements
● Evaluate and redesign the wellness strategy/program to enhance our team members’ experience and oversee planned initiatives and programs
● Other duties as assigned.
● Detail Oriented- The little things matter
● Organized and have demonstrated the ability to prioritize and deliver timely work
● A Team-player and not afraid to roll up your sleeves and help out when/where needed
● Self-Sufficient and not afraid to take the lead and manage tasks independently
● Coachable and open to feedback
● Respectful- We treat each other with respect and assume the best of one another
● Not afraid to have fun!
● 5+ years processing multi-state payroll experience
● 3+ years experience administering benefits
● Extensive working knowledge of ADP payroll system
● Comprehensive understanding of payroll system/standard payroll processes and procedures.
● Knowledge of federal, state, and local payroll taxing regulations
● Excellent attention to detail, with accurate numerical and data entry ability to process payroll.
● Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects with tight deadlines
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Ability to keep all information confidential
● Customer service focused
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.