Sr. AP Specialist
Mountain View, CA, United States
GroundTruth is a global location technology company that drives results with real data. We believe in the power of place. Build your brand, increase sales and more by building off what real people are doing in the real world, mapped using our proprietary Blueprints technology. GroundTruth delivers superior consumer insights by seeing more people and places than anyone else, with an unrivaled first-party database of 95 million active monthly users and 17 million active daily users, across 100 million places and points of interest. GroundTruth currently serves 21 countries globally. Learn more: www.GroundTruth.com
Join a fast growing start-up in one of the hottest fields in media today – mobile. We have an amazing opportunity for a self-motivated Sr. AP Specialist. This role will be a key component of all aspects of the Accounts Payable function including supplier relations, payment, cash management, and month end close. This financial contributor will have an entrepreneurial drive and a desire to be a part of a unique culture that is committed to growing our organization
- Be responsible for entering day-to-day accounts payable invoices, credit card transactions, and expense reports in an accurate and timely manner in according to the company’s policies
- Be responsible for new vendor setup and ensuring information accuracy and proper coding.
- Be responsible for inquiring and documenting the nature of expense and accurately code the transaction to GL accounts
- Be responsible for weekly payment run, and ensure proper steps are taken to address payment due date and aged payables
- Take initiative to improve the efficiency of AP process
- Assist with monthly/quarterly/annual close process by working with vendors to receive invoices or estimates on a timely basis
- Assist with accruals, basic account reconciliations and analysis
- Assist with quarterly/annual review and audit activities
- Support the preparation of tax filing and corporate reporting requirements
- Support special projects and process improvement initiatives
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
- People Oriented: highly analytical and inquisitive with a keen attention to detail
- Organized: Ability to prioritize and deliver timely work
- Flexible: Dynamic, hard-working, and able to pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands.
- Communicative: Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in engaging conversation.
- A Team Player: Believes in GT’s vision and prides themselves on being part of an exceptional team.
- Technically Adept: Technologically savvy and ability to learn new software quickly
- A Problem solver: Doesn’t wait for someone else to give the answer – takes charge of creating solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance/Business
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role
- Solid understanding of financial and operational controls
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel, and Word
- Strong interpersonal, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to multi-task, work under stressful conditions, and meet deadlines
- System implementation experience, a plus
- The ability to thrive in a fast pace-setting
- To be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
How you can impress us:
- Experience with leading the implementation of a purchase order system
- You’re looking for a startup environment – iterating quickly, rolling up your sleeves