User Acquisition Manager
WeatherBug | Mountain View, CA or Vancouver
WeatherBug, a fully owned division of GroundTruth, is a major weather app with a strong presence in the US and is rapidly expanding in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. With more than 15 million monthly active users, WeatherBug is a top-rated weather app and offers high quality very targeted advertising opportunities.
- Create and drive the company’s growth plan for acquiring new app users through focused, data-driven, and ROI based mobile user acquisition strategies
- Drive ASO for iOS and Android stores.
- Lead creative development to drive user engagement
- Track and analyze results to identify optimization opportunities to increase conversion and new users
- Track and mine user usage data to locate insights and opportunities to improve paid user ROI.
- Generate detailed weekly performance reports around trends and key metrics specific to goals and present to senior management
- Manage user acquisition budget across product portfolios and countries
- Research and test new user acquisition channels to diversify sources of traffic
- Test and adapt new marketing techniques and technologies into marketing plans
- Collaborate with the engineering and product teams to prepare and improve on campaigns.
- Problem solver:Doesn’t wait for someone else to give the answer – takes charge of creating solutions.
- Organized:Ability to prioritize and deliver timely work; best in class project management skills.
- Flexible:Dynamic, hard-working, and able to pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands.
- Communication:Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in engaging conversation with any level.
- Team Player:Believes in GroundTruth’s vision and prides themselves on being part of an exceptional team.
- Technical Aptitude:Not afraid of new technologies and eager to learn.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in user acquisition for mobile games or apps
- Bachelor’s degree in math, engineering, economics, finance, business or another quantitative field required
- Advanced Excel skills; strong analytics background including data manipulation and pivot tables
- Worked with SQL or other database data (or willingness to learn)
- Ability to compile and analyze performance data and metrics and make decisions regarding campaign direction based on analysis
- Experience managing, growing and optimizing mobile user acquisition campaigns and partnerships
- Experience doing marketing bursts for new product or countries launches
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.