Title: Software Engineer (Android)
Location: Gurgaon, IN
Established in 1993, WeatherBug is a popular weather site and mobile app providing hyperlocal, live weather data and proactive alerting to consumer users. With over 15 million unique users per month, across all platforms, WeatherBug’s vision is to provide environmental intelligence for all aspects of people’s lives. The WeatherBug app is a top-rated weather app in the app stores. In 2019, WeatherBug was named the best weather app by MediaPost’s Appy Awards. WeatherBug is owned and operated by GroundTruth, the leading global location technology platform. Learn more: www.weatherbug.com
- Be an internal champion for continuously improving team working processes, code quality, and tools and technology adoption
- Participate in peer code reviews and technical meetings
- Contribute to project planning and estimates
- Translate complex business needs and problems into innovative technical solutions.
- Mentor less experienced engineers in good coding and documentation practices
- Participate in peer code reviews and technical meetings.
- Participate in retrospective discussions to help continuously improve our methods.
- Explore new technologies and migrate legacy code to more efficient frameworks and structures.
- Create detailed and comprehensive design and functional specifications from basic requirements.
- Create and maintain unit and functional tests in collaboration with the testing team.
- Provide operational support of your deployed code.
- Take on other duties as assigned
- Btech degree in Computer Science (or related field) or 6+ years of experience in software development
- 3+ years of experience in software design & development
- 2+ years of experience using Java as a professional Android Software Engineer
- 1+ years of experience using React Native, Ionic, Cordova, or related framework
- 1+ years of experience working on consumer facing mobile applications published in Google Play Store
- Knowledgeable of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Familiarity with mobile engineering challenges including performance and memory management concepts
- Experience in mentoring and supporting peers across engineering teams, fostering best engineering practices
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
Would be great if you have:
- Masters degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- Experience with user experience / user-centric design
- Experience with iOS (Objective-C)
- Experience with Apple Watch
- Experience with C#, Asp.Net (Core even better!)
- Amazon Web Services
We operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team is committed to the success and growth of WeatherBug. Our culture is highly entrepreneurial, and our success comes from our employees who voice their opinions and ideas to facilitate growth to our bottom line. We reward hard work, support career development, offer comprehensive benefits, and foster a fun and friendly work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.