Human Resources | People Operations
Mountain View, CA
GroundTruth is a global location technology company that drives results with real data. We believe in the power of place. Build your brand, increase sales and more by building off what real people are doing in the real world, mapped using our proprietary Blueprints technology. GroundTruth delivers superior consumer insights by seeing more people and places than anyone else, with an unrivaled first-part database of 95 million active monthly users and 17 million active daily users, across 100 million places and points of interest. GroundTruth currently serves 21 countries globally. Learn more: www.GroundTruth.com.
The Benefits Specialist is part of the HR team and People Operations department. This role is responsible for all benefits, leave, immigration, and compliance related needs for the US. This position is based in our Mountain View office and will report into the VP of People Operations. In addition, this position assesses and anticipates benefits-related needs, communicates proactively with our HR department and seeks to develop integrated solutions.
- Administer the organization’s comprehensive benefits programs (e.g., medical plans, retirement plans, leave policies, wellness programs, insurance policies, etc.)
- Ensure accuracy of all benefits enrollments in HRIS to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information
- Enroll employees with carriers and process life status changes
- Research and analyze all benefits plans, programs, and policies
- Make recommendations based on data analyses
- Monitor government regulations, legislation, and benefits trends
- Work directly with insurance brokers and benefits carriers
- Manage the enrollment, renewal, and distribution processes
- Educate the HR team with front line knowledge of benefits, immigration and compliance related information
- Process and administer all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
- Responds to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts.
- Provides necessary reports for allocation/billing charges.
- Serve as the point person for all US employees with benefits-related questions, needs, claim issues and plan changes
- Maintain and distribute all benefits enrollment materials and determine eligibility
- Build and maintain a strong working relationship with our immigration lawyer for all immigration related needs
- Conduct all compliance programs
- Advise management on resolving benefits issues
- Audit and review vendor invoices, resolving disputes, and reporting on fees and costs
- Serve as a local HR representative in the Mountain View Office
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to benefits, immigration and compliance and to ensure we stay up to date and compliant
- Problem solver: Doesn’t wait for someone else to give the answer – takes charge of creating solutions.
- Organized: Ability to prioritize and deliver timely work; best in class project management skills.
- Flexible: Dynamic, hard-working, and able to pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands.
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in engaging conversation with any level. Ability to negotiate and mediate.
- Team Player: Believes in GroundTruth’s vision and prides themselves on being part of an exceptional team.
- Technical Aptitude: Not afraid of new technologies and eager to learn.
- Driven: A self-starter who is highly motivated.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in Human Resources, with strong benefits, immigration and compliance experience
- Knowledge of current and emerging Employment Laws.
- Strong ability to build relationships and partner with department heads, managers and staff across the organization.
- Have great attention to detail and able to work confidentially and install confidence in those you are working with.
- Experience working with startups or fast paced environment preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.