Senior Payroll Specialist
Mountain View, CA
GroundTruth is the leading global location platform that leverages data and insights to drive business performance. Using its proprietary Blueprints technology, GroundTruth is able to learn about mobile users and reach them at the right place and right time, ultimately helping companies make smarter marketing decisions, increase sales, and grow their businesses. Since its foundation in 2009, GroundTruth has launched several innovative products and won numerous awards, including Inc. 5000’s Fast Growing Private Companies and Deloitte’s Fast 500 Technology companies. Today, we’re proud to employ over 400 employees across three continents, and serve millions of marketers across 21 countries. Learn more: www.groundtruth.com
- Take ownership of payroll administration function.
- Manage end to end processing of company payroll for 300+ domestic employees in multi-state locations, and coordination of payroll review for 80+ international employees.
- Develop and enforce payroll policies and procedures to ensure proper internal controls and efficient processes.
- Research and resolve any tax authority inquires to ensure that all regulatory requirements are monitored and are being met, including manage of payroll audits from tax agencies.
- Ensure company is in compliance with federal, state, local, and legal reporting requirements as it relates to payroll; advising management on needed actions.
- Contact and respond to agencies on various payroll related issues, including processing of workers compensation and unemployment claims.
- Maintain, update, and review employee records in the payroll system by reviewing and entering changes in working status, exemptions, garnishments, insurance coverage, savings deductions, benefit deductions, and tax withholdings.
- Review and reconcile 401K contributions and deferral.
- Calculate and process termination payments, salary increases, and back pays, etc.
- Maintain leave, sick and overtime reports; review of monthly and quarterly accruals.
- Review month-end and year-end reporting processes, such as annual payroll tax and payment summary reconciliations, including monthly payroll related GL accounts.
- Prepare payroll related reports for CFO and department managers.
- Ensure the highest standard of payroll services.
- Produce timely and accurate delivery of payroll, including record keeping and reporting.
- Provide technical support and advice regarding the company’s current payroll systems and ensuring proper maintenance and availability of the systems.
- Respond to payroll queries from employees and resolve payroll discrepancies by investigating the issue.
- Provide administrative support to Accounting, HR, and other departments as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent payroll experience, payroll system integration experience a plus.
- 8+ years processing multi-state payroll experience.
- FPC and/or CPP certification a plus but not required.
- Extensive working knowledge of ADP payroll system.
- Comprehensive understanding of payroll system/standard payroll processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local payroll taxing regulations.
- Excellent attention to detail, with accurate numerical and data entry ability to process payroll.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to keep all information confidential.
- A customer service focused mentality.
We operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team is committed to the success and growth of GroundTruth. Our culture is highly entrepreneurial and our success comes from our employees who voice their opinions and ideas to facilitate growth to our bottom line. We reward hard work, support career development, offer comprehensive benefits, and foster a fun and friendly work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.