Software Quality Assurance Engineer – Mobile
Mountain View, CA · Vancouver, Canada · Germantown, MD
WeatherBug, a fully owned division of GroundTruth, is a major weather app with a strong presence in the US and is rapidly expanding in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. WeatherBug is a top-rated weather app, with more than 15 million monthly active users.
Seeking a Software Quality Assurance Engineer for our WeatherBug mobile applications on iOS, Android and MacOS platforms. We’re looking for someone who is proactive and motivated as they will be responsible for performing manual black and white box testing as part of a tight knit, fast moving team.
- Black box and white box testing of mobile applications
- Create and update test cases
- Prioritize and execute test cases as directed by leads that are focused on functionality testing, UI testing, and testing quality of mobile applications
- Work in a collaborative team environment, including development teams and other quality engineers to characterize, report, and isolate software issues
- Team player
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 2 – 5 years of software QA experience
- Experience testing mobile applications is preferred (Android and iOS smartphones / tablets)
- Self-starter, with attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven skill in characterizing and writing defects
- Experienced working with bug tracking tools (JIRA, Rally, etc.)
- Comfortable working in a fast changing environment
- Familiar with agile/scrum environments
- Scripting skills is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.