People Operations | New York, NY
GroundTruth is the leading global location platform that leverages data and insights to drive business performance. Using its proprietary Blueprints technology, GroundTruth is able to learn about mobile users and reach them at the right place and right time, ultimately helping companies make smarter marketing decisions, increase sales, and grow their businesses. Since its foundation in 2009, GroundTruth has launched several innovative products and won numerous awards, including Inc. 5000’s Fast Growing Private Companies and Deloitte’s Fast 500 Technology companies. Today, we’re proud to employ over 300 employees across three continents, and serve millions of marketers across 21 countries. Learn more: www.groundtruth.com
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and scheduling support to the CEO, CFO/COO and President of Sales & Marketing. The position is based in our New York City HQ Office. The executives are based in different offices in North America and travel frequently. This position requires excellent time and project management skills, and an ability to understand and adapt to business needs. An advanced proficiency level of administrative skills including communication and computing is required.
- Maintain fluid calendars – schedule meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and extensive worldwide travel (multi city, domestic, international), and provide seamless support during travel
- Provide general administrative duties: phone inquiries, file and photocopy documents, arrange conference calls, obtain signatures, proofread documents, and prepare reports/agendas
- Collaboratively and regularly work with G+A team (Finance, Legal, and HR)
- Reconcile all c-suite expenses monthly
- Board Meeting management: schedule meetings, arrange catering, and work with members’ administrative teams to ensure materials are available as needed – act as ‘on the ground’ assistant to all members day-of
- Manage C-suite NY apartment; including lease execution, payments, maintenance, and housekeeping staff
- Organize offsites, away days, dinners, happy hours, and other ad hoc staff entertainment
- Work closely and effectively with their executive to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Prioritize conflicting needs by considering its risk, importance, urgency, and potential business, organizational, or client implications.
- Act as interface between C-suite and Leadership Team while always maintaining a high degree of confidentiality
- Run weekly NY Monday meetings (employee attendance required) to encourage successful start to the week
- Manage east and west coast Office Managers to ensure all ten North America offices are high-functioning, while also cultivating an environment of constant improvement and upgrades
- Create and maintain Office Services budget
- A highly-proficient and ethical administrative professional comfortable with confidential and sensitive information.
- Adaptable and flexible with top-notch communication and organizational skills.
- Capable of pivoting quickly to meet changing needs and priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5 – 7 years of high level, administrative support.
- Proven expertise in standard MS office software, video conferencing technology and scheduling and collaboration tools (including Exchange, Gmail, and Google docs).
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Emotional maturity.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
We operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team is committed to the success and growth of GroundTruth. Our culture is highly entrepreneurial, and our success comes from our employees who voice their opinions and ideas to facilitate growth to our bottom line. We reward hard work, support career development, offer comprehensive benefits, and foster a fun and friendly work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.