Software Engineer – Front End
Mountain View, CA or Vancouver, Canada
GroundTruth enables real-time, location-based marketing, without the guesswork. Working with GroundTruth, marketers can deliver more relevant, personalized messages to the right people they want to reach, based on the real places they visit every day. Each month, GroundTruth’s patented location platform helps marketers reach over 300 million people globally via more than 30 thousand popular mobile applications. With GroundTruth, marketers can say goodbye to assumptive marketing and reach the right people at real places in real-time with precision, relevance and confidence. Learn more: https://www.groundtruth.com.
We operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team is committed to the success and growth of GroundTruth. Our culture is highly entrepreneurial and our success comes from our employees who voice their opinions and ideas to facilitate growth to our bottom line. We reward hard work, support career development and foster a fun and friendly work environment. If this sounds like a company you would like to join please review the job description below.
You know all that cool stuff being done with big data, mobile targeting and product innovation? Well this is your chance to get involved. GroundTruth is looking for talented Web Application Engineers to join our elite team of hard workers and big thinkers, driven by their mutual love for technology. This is a great opportunity to literally invent and work on state of the art digital technologies, and design and develop one of the biggest mobile advertising platforms currently available. Work side-by-side with seasoned Product Managers and Technical Champions to create world-class product and technology platforms, as part of a global team all dedicated to your success.
- Participate in software performance analysis and system tuning
- Review and influence ongoing design, architecture and coding standards.
- Implement new web applications for internal and external use.
- Review and comprehend technical requirements
- Contributing to project milestones by avoiding and solving complex technical problems through understanding the dependencies of a platform.
- Implement and integrate software features as per requirements
- Working in a product creation project and/or technology project with implementation or integration responsibilities
- Bringing productivity, quality and competitive advantage to SW development by solving problems in component/product level
- Participate in operator meetings and receive their product roadmaps.
- Responsible using the correct development environment.
- Communicate problems.
- Understand best practices in each platform and ensure the application adheres to each platform’s best practices.
- Respond to and resolve emergent problems; write software and build automation to prevent problem recurrence
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field/degree (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant work experience).
- 3+ years relevant work experience.
- Experience in complete software development lifecycle.
- Natural openness to new ideas.
- Strong analytical ability to master cutting through to the heart of a situation and ensuring the right results in time.
- Independent way of working and believe that an open, honest dialogue ensures the best results.
- Hard-core debugging and trouble shooting skills.
- HTML5, CSS3, SASS and Angular (1+)
- Understand the HTTP protocol like no other
- An excellent sense of what looks good in UI design.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- 4 years relevant work experience.
- Amazon Cloud-front
- Single page web app programming
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.