Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering
Mountain View, CA
GroundTruth is the leading location-based marketing and advertising technology company. Sitting at the convergence of offline and online data, GroundTruth delivers a unique data set called “visitation data,” which allows brands, agencies, SMBs, and non-profits to drive high-performing business outcomes (ROI). GroundTruth activates this data through a suite of performance products and services via their self-serve advertising platform, through managed services, or tailored partnerships. GroundTruth has built proprietary cleansing processes that combines their Blueprint’s contextual mapping technology, owned & operated properties, along with 3rd party mobile location data, together yielding over 30 Billion visits annually.
This is a senior level engineering role where the candidate will work closely with Data Engineering team in the US and India. Candidate would work with various Big Data technologies on AWS. They are expected to architect complete end-to-end cloud native solutions and data pipelines; from data ingestion to ETL to reporting and APIs.
This is a great career opportunity to grow, learn, take ownership of and work on the latest big data & AWS cloud technologies with meaningful impact. You will be working with a high-performing and diverse team that believes in open communication, collaboration, and embraces good ideas from everywhere to make the team successful.
- Work with various Big Data technologies on AWS
- Contribute to software implementation specs, test plans, participate actively in code reviews and adhere to very high-quality coding practices with good test coverage.
- Develop and deploy data pipelines in production based on CI/CD practices.
- Create dashboards/alerts exhibiting critical metrics, SLAs and KPIs for monitoring/tuning and scaling data processing pipelines.
- Be available for on-call rotation for business-critical systems
- Be available for remote meetings, occasionally in different time zones
- Capable of coherently communicating the big picture and details based on context.
- Comfortable working in both a remote setting and in office.
- Respectful of team members and value diversity of opinion and thoughts
- BS/MS/PhD or equivalent, in computer science or relevant area
- 5+ years of computer systems design / software architecture experience
- Ability to translate requirements of typical business problems into software
- 5+ years of Java and/or Python and/or Scala
- Good hands on experience with Spark or Hadoop and writing ETLs
- Hands on with Cloud Native Patterns, Containerization, Microservices
- Experience with AWS is a solid plus
- Experience with Data Analytics, Machine Learning, streaming data is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.