Growth & Development Manager
New York or Remote | People Operations
A bit about us
GroundTruth is the leading location-based marketing and advertising technology company. Sitting at the convergence of offline and online data, GroundTruth delivers a unique data set called “visitation data,” which allows brands, agencies, SMBs, and non-profits to drive high-performing business outcomes (ROI). GroundTruth activates this data through a suite of performance products and services via their self-serve advertising platform, through managed services, or tailored partnerships. GroundTruth has built proprietary filtering processes that combines our BlueprintTM contextual mapping technology, owned & operated properties, along with 3rd party mobile location data, together yielding over 30B visits annually.
A bit about you
As we continue to build out and further develop our Global People Operations team, we are looking to bring on a strategic, consultative and empathetic Growth & Development (Talent Management) partner. In partnership with the Head of People Operations, the Growth & Development partner will collaborate with leaders across the organization to support the development and management of high-performing teams while keeping Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at the forefront of all growth and development efforts.
You will lead all training and learning opportunities across North America while partnering with our India People team to incorporate training at a localized level. You will report into the VP, People Operations and be a part of a truly collaborative People team. The position is located in New York, NY but we are open to speaking to potential candidates in remote locations.
- Further define and manage the organization’s approach to Growth, Development & Equity in terms of performance management review criteria, processes and tools
- Define career leveling and paths across the organization
- Develop and manage training and learning opportunities including designing a curriculum for our employee (both for new hires and existing employees),, management and leadership development programs while ensuring virtual training design is top of mind
- Partner with the VP, People Operations to develop and lead succession planning efforts with a focus on developing the organization’s next generation of leaders
- Partner with leaders (department heads) to understand and help facilitate department-specific training needs including onboarding and core skill development
- You will be responsible for researching, recommending and implementing new methods and technologies suitable to enhance and further drive the organization’s training efforts
- Partner with the Manager, Talent Acquisition to drive internal mobility opportunities
- Partner with the VP, People Operations on other key talent management projects and initiatives
- Handle all Growth & Development operational needs while leveraging support from the team’s HR Coordinator.
- Detail Oriented- The little things matter
- Organized and have demonstrated the ability to prioritize and deliver timely work
- Able to work under strict deadlines and be able to prioritize a heavy workload
- A Team-player and not afraid to roll up your sleeves and help out when/where needed
- Self-Sufficient and not afraid to take the lead and manage tasks independently
- Coachable and open to feedback
- Respectful- We treat each other with respect and assume the best of one another
- Passionate for continued growth & development knowledge while respecting the practice of organizational development
- Comfortable in delivering to all levels of the organization including senior management
- Not afraid to have fun!
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development or Human Resources Management
- 5+ years of experience in designing and leading Talent Management programs and initiatives
- Demonstrate the ability to design, build, execute and track the impact of organizational training efforts
- A high degree of empathy and understanding of the balance in supporting and elevating people while driving organizational strategy
- A high degree of strategic ability, demonstrating drive and determination coupled with the ability to think creatively and inspire the necessary level of innovation and impact across the organization
- The ability to assess sales competencies and determine areas for improvement while also focusing on key competencies across multiple departments (Technology, Product, Customer Success, etc.)
- Proficiency in implementing, designing and managing Learning Management System software
- Ability to create effective and impactful training material across the organization
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel (if/when needed both at the domestic and international level)
- HR Business Partner experience is a plus
- People management experience is a plus
- Previous experience in a start-up environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.