Account Executive – WeatherBug
Los Angeles, CA
WeatherBug, a fully owned division of GroundTruth, is a major weather app with a strong presence in the US and is rapidly expanding in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. With more than 14 million monthly active users, WeatherBug is a top-rated weather app and offers high quality very targeted advertising opportunities.
- Develop and cultivate leads through the entire sales cycle (from qualifying to negotiating and closing)
- Present WeatherBug’s value proposition to clients through all outlets (phone, online, and in-person)
- Learn and develop new, creative sales techniques and strategies
- Position yourself to understand a client’s business needs, and how WeatherBug can provide value and solutions
- Meet monthly and quarterly sales targets according to sales plan
- Participate in internal sales meetings and provide market feedback to WeatherBug’s senior leaders
- A creative and self-sufficient problem solver that can find solutions to common day to day situations.
- A top-notch communicator who is adept at influencing, persuading and conveying ideas in a meaningful way to secure commitment and support from others while generating excitement and enthusiasm.
- Able to think strategically, and translate that strategy into effective tactics.
- Skilled at creating partnerships and have a talent for consultative selling, and the ability to “push back” gracefully.
- Competitive, collaborative, and self-motivated
- A strong multi-tasker
- Able to hit and exceed quarterly revenue expectations.
- 1-3 years of experience in digital media sales, preferably within the mobile space
- A hunter mentality, with a drive to crack and grow existing and new business.
- Knowledge and understanding of today’s digital media ecosystem and be able to sell managed and programmatic media solutions interchangeably.
- Large range of existing relationships and contacts with agencies and advertisers, and the ability to create new ones.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both in person and over the phone
- A “get it done, no matter what” mentality.
- Strong organizational and planning skills, an attention to detail, and an appreciation of deadlines and goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing or other related Business field preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.