Site Reliability Engineer
Mountain View, CA
GroundTruth is a global location technology company that drives results with real data. We believe in the power of place. Build your brand, increase sales and more by building off what real people are doing in the real world, mapped using our proprietary Blueprints technology. GroundTruth delivers superior consumer insights by seeing more people and places than anyone else, with an unrivaled first-party database of 95 million active monthly users and 17 million active daily users, across 100 million places and points of interest. GroundTruth currently serves 21 countries globally. Learn more: www.GroundTruth.com
GroundTruth is looking for talented Site Reliability Engineers to join our team of hard workers and big thinkers. This is a great opportunity to create tooling, work on state of the art digital technologies, and design and implement one of the biggest location and data platforms currently available.
What you will do:
- Design, build and maintain the infrastructure environment which enables GroundTruth’s products and services to grow and scale.
- Design, build, and maintain the automation that allows our team to manage a large number of systems.
- Automate day-to-day operations of a large-scale platform to enable Infrastructure as a Service
- Collaborate with developers to bring new features and services into production.
- Monitor site stability and performance and troubleshoot site issues.
What you must have:
- Experience with automation and configuration management at scale (SaltStack, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience with service discovery (etcd, consul) and cloud orchestration (kubernetes, terraform)
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to collaborate across teams and skill levels, and share your knowledge
- Experienced with code review processes and procedures, release management, and continuous integration methodologies
- Expert with tools for system and environment monitoring (e.g. Icinga, Sensu, NewRelic, Graphite)
- Knowledge of security fundamentals
How you can impress us:
- Experience with: Cassandra, Solr, Kafka, automatic capacity scaling tools, NoSQL technologies, containers, public and private cloud technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar major or equivalent experience