At a recent event, hosted by xAd and The Rubicon Project, ExchangeWire’s Ciaran O’Kane moderated a discussion on the “future of mobile”. The thrust of the debate centred on mobile ad buying and its inherent challenges on the demand and supply sides.
The panel included Liam Pook, mobile director, Essence; Theo Theodorou, GM of EMEA, xAd; Oliver Whitten, SVP Europe, The Rubicon Project, and Daniel Spears, head of response +, The Guardian.
The TraderTalk episode below is a recording of that discussion where the following and more were discussed at length:
– In terms of growing mobile ad spend in UK, what specifics do we have to get right?
– Are agency buyers moving beyond dependence of Facebook for mobile buys?
– Is cross-device targeting hindering growth of spend on mobile devices?
– How does the industry operate outside the big first party fiefdoms?
– How can programmatic empower buyers and sellers in mobile?
– Is native the killer format in mobile, given the limited ad real estate space on handheld devices?
– With the rise of ad blocking and the advent of AMP will publishers and advertisers need to re-examine the way they operate on mobile?