U.S. States Privacy Rights
At GroundTruth, consumer privacy has long been at the center of what we do. One of our core beliefs is that we can provide powerful insights while respecting privacy. In order to exercise certain of the following rights you must provide a copy of your ‘proof of residence’, an official state identification document that displays your state of residence in one of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, and Virginia (collectively “Certain States”). Please be sure to redact all other identifying information from the image when you send it to us, as we do not have that information in our possession and do not wish to receive it. We will not use the information you submit to make these requests for purposes other than verifying your request and carrying it out.
One of the fundamental ways in which we live that out is by basing our systems on devices’ mobile advertising identifiers, rather than people’s names or email addresses. A mobile advertising identifier (“MAID”) is a string of characters linked to a mobile device for purposes of advertising and analytics. It looks something like this: a12b3cd4–5678–9e01-fa23–456-b78c9d0e.
You can learn how to reset your MAID by clicking here. Resetting your MAID will break the linkage in our systems to any information we have about your device from before the reset, rendering it unusable in our systems. Alternatively, we offer mechanisms to opt out of use and sharing of your information for behavioral advertising, available here.
Certain State laws provide the following rights subject to certain exceptions and limitations contained in the relevant state law:
- The right to confirm whether we process personal information about you.
- The right to correct inaccuracies in the personal information we have collected about you.
- The right to know the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell/share about you and information about how it is disclosed.
- The right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you or maintain about you.
- The right to opt out of (i) the sharing of personal information for targeted advertising or (ii) the sale of personal information.
- Depending on your state, the right to receive a portable and readily usable copy of the personal information we have collected about you, to the extent feasible.
- Depending on your state, the right to limit our processing of certain “sensitive” personal information (or to withdraw consent for such processing if you previously gave it).
GroundTruth provides the rights described on this page as required by Certain States’ laws. Residents of Certain States are free to exercise them by emailing us at email@example.com, and include your MAID and which rights you would like to exercise about information we may maintain about that MAID. For instructions on how to look up a device’s MAID, click here. By submitting your request, you certify that the MAID(s) you provided with your request are associated with your device(s).
Please note, however, that doing so will require you to contact us and provide us with additional information that we would not otherwise have, such as your name and proof of residency. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. To do so you will need to provide the agent with signed written permission to act on your behalf. Please note that we may deny your request for a variety of reasons as applicable state laws allow or require.