A bit about us
GroundTruth is the leading location-based marketing and advertising technology company. Sitting at the convergence of offline and online data, GroundTruth delivers a unique data set called “visitation data,” which allows brands, agencies, SMBs, and non-profits to drive high-performing business outcomes (ROI). GroundTruth activates this data through a suite of performance products and services via their self-serve advertising platform, through managed services, or tailored partnerships. GroundTruth has built proprietary filtering processes that combines our BlueprintTM contextual mapping technology, owned & operated properties, along with 3rd party mobile location data, together yielding over 30B visits annually.
We believe that innovative technology starts with the best talent and have been ranked one of Ad Age’s Best Places to Work for two years in a row (2021 & 2022). Learn more about the perks of joining our team here.
Intermediate Software Engineer, Realtime Ad Serving Systems
Germantown, MD or Sunnyvale, CA or Vancouver. B.C. or Remote (US) | Engineering
About the realtime ad serving systems team
The real-time advertising systems team is responsible for the high-volume low-latency bidding and delivery systems powering our advertising exchange and demand side platform as well the federation of services that support this ecosystem. We currently process ~500k transactions per second on AWS infrastructure typically clearing bids in under 25ms using a mix of java, scala, and c++ systems focusing on non-blocking io and event driven architecture.
The intermediate level represents
Experienced professionals who work on and help to define assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity with limited supervision. Although they may occasionally need help themselves, these employees often provide guidance and assistance to less experienced staff members.
A bit about you
- Write production-ready code and tests
- Analyze requirements to design, document, estimate, and build features
- Participate in code-reviews for quality, stability, maintainability, and supportability.
- Provide operational support for production systems
- Education and professional experience:
- PHD or Masters degree in STEM
- or 4-year degree in STEM with 2+ years experience in technology
- or 5+ years experience in technology
- The following skills/certifications: Java, AWS, SQL
- Additional nice to have skills/certifications: Scala, Akka, Netty, Grizzly, VertX, JUnit, Mockito, Aerospike, Redis, Mamcache, Apache HTTP Server, Nginx, Protocol Buffers, Thrift, JSON, Jersey / JAX-RS, Kinesis, Lambda, EC2, ELB, Autoscaling
- A team player who is organized, flexible and willing to adapt
- Not afraid of new technologies and driven to learn
- A detail-oriented person, who catches problems early and adjusts
- A strong communicator who is able to collaborate with multiple business and engineering stakeholders and work through conflicting needs
- A problem solver who likes to dive deep into a problem, diagnose root causes and work with multiple teams to come up with a solution
What we offer
At GroundTruth, we want our employees to be comfortable with their benefits so they can focus on doing the work they love.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- In Office Daily Catered Lunch
- Fully stocked snacks/beverages
- 401(k) employer match
- Health coverage including medical, dental, vision and option for HSA or FSA
- Generous parental leave
- Company-wide DEIB Committee
- Inclusion Academy Seminars
- Wellness/Gym Reimbursement
- Pet Expense Reimbursement
- Company-wide Volunteer Day
- Education reimbursement program
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Equity Analysis to ensure fair pay
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.