A bit about us
GroundTruth is the leading location-based marketing and advertising technology company. Sitting at the convergence of offline and online data, GroundTruth delivers a unique data set called “visitation data,” which allows brands, agencies, SMBs, and non-profits to drive high-performing business outcomes (ROI). GroundTruth activates this data through a suite of performance products and services via their self-serve advertising platform, through managed services, or tailored partnerships. GroundTruth has built proprietary filtering processes that combines our BlueprintTM contextual mapping technology, owned & operated properties, along with 3rd party mobile location data, together yielding over 30B visits annually.
We believe that innovative technology starts with the best talent and have been ranked one of Ad Age’s Best Places to Work for two years in a row (2021 & 2022). Learn more about the perks of joining our team here.
A bit about you
The Sales Finance Manager is a critical role, connecting the sales, operations, and finance teams, creating strategic alignment, and driving accountability to the financial plan. The Manager will develop a deep understanding of the market, identify meaningful business trends, recommend informed sales strategies, and develop and implement pricing strategies. The Manager will report to the VP Finance.
To be effective in this role, you will need the following skills:
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, trusted relationships across sales, operations, and finance teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail while handling multiple, simultaneous projects under deadline pressure
- Proactive problem-solving and project management skills
- Business acumen and the ability to navigate and consult at varying levels across the organization
- Sales Planning & Support
- Support the efforts to determine sales targets, staffing assumptions, expense budget, and quota allocation.
- Administer the commission plan (with appropriate software)
- Design incentive programs to drive business needs
- Pricing Strategy
- Understand the market and set prices to optimize for net revenue
- Model and approve proposed discounts to maximize revenue opportunities
- Model cost margins to help business leaders understand the impact of product mix on net revenue
- Evaluate and advise on potential partnership opportunities
- Collaborate with data science team to better understand and refine pricing over time
- Regularly report on actual results, pipeline and forecast
- Report business line P&Ls, providing a view of resource allocation, contribution margin, revenue per head and other metrics that drive decisions
- Lead monthly /quarterly business reviews to measure results/KPIs
- Analytics and Insights
- Develop a deep understanding of the supported business segments and teams
- Analyze trends related to organizational performance to direct organization's resources and identify organizational needs
- Translate insights into actionable advice and make recommendations back to the business
- Problem Resolution
- Proactively identify issues and create structure or improve processes to achieve operational efficiency
- Communicate and educate the organization on priorities
- Message changes and connect the finance team, the sales teams and departments across the organization
- A bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field.
- MBA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in business management, finance, operations, and/or strategy required
- Experience in areas of sales finance methodology, pricing analysis, and related processes
- Experience planning and managing strategic and operational projects
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Demonstrated ability to draw data-supported conclusions, communicate them effectively, and create actionable plans – generating buy-in and moving proactively through execution
- Demonstrated ability to apply effective process management and project management skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to focus on details; desire to work with numbers and formulas
- Ability to identify and interpret trends in data and communicate findings
- Advanced skills in MS Excel
- Knowledge of the business planning process
- Knowledge of key revenue generation indicators
- Self-motivated and able to drive results independently
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships based on trust and proven results
What we offer
At GroundTruth, we want our employees to be comfortable with their benefits so they can focus on doing the work they love.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- In Office Daily Catered Lunch
- Fully stocked snacks/beverages
- 401(k) employer match
- Health coverage including medical, dental, vision and option for HSA or FSA
- Generous parental leave
- Company-wide DEIB Committee
- Inclusion Academy Seminars
- Wellness/Gym Reimbursement
- Pet Expense Reimbursement
- Company-wide Volunteer Day
- Education reimbursement program
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Equity Analysis to ensure fair pay
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.