GroundTruth Visitation Data Accredited By The Media Rating Council (MRC)
GroundTruth Visits: Trusted source of location, place, and visitation data.
With concerns surrounding ongoing changes to data access across the industry, tested and trustworthy data continues to be a top priority for marketers. The MRC’s accreditation of GroundTruth’s visitation data gives brands a new level of confidence that they are using location-based data that has met the MRC’s rigorous industry standards.
Data Technology Focused on Generating Business Performance
The MRC’s accreditation of GroundTruth’s visits validates its methodology and accuracy of place-based visits for advertising targeting and driving and measuring campaign performance.
Want to learn more about the advertising solutions powered by GroundTruth’s accredited visitation data?
“......GroundTruth’s commitment to location accuracy and transparency of its methodology over the years is at the heart of our relationship. Accurate location data is increasingly critical in the marketing and advertising ecosystem and GroundTruth continues to be a leader in the space.”
Why is it important for your location partner to be accredited?
Accreditation by a trusted third party provides advertisers and media agencies full assurance they are using location-based data that comply with the MRC’s standards. In the spring of 2017, the MRC produced criteria around visitation metrics, and what constitutes the sufficiency of a visit. As visitation has become a measurement KPI for location data, the MRC saw the need to measure and verify the accuracy of location companies’ claims.
MRC Accredited Visitation Data
- Validated location signal information
- Up-to-date and accurately mapped POI database
- Validation that a location signal falls within the boundary of a POI
- Continuous independent audit to ensure that high standards are maintained
- Validated visitation context for real-time targeting, audience building, and measurement.
Achieving MRC accreditation: A multi-faceted review process
For GroundTruth to achieve accreditation, the MRC conducted a rigorous and thorough audit and review process, which included the following:
- An assessment of GroundTruth’s adherence to location-based advertising measurement guidelines issued by the MRC, the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB), and the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA).
- An in-depth audit through an independent CPA firm to confirm GroundTruth visits’ compliance with industry standards.
- An evaluation of GroundTruth’s methodology for determining consumer location, place and visits, measurement methodology, data filtration processes, and reporting procedures as they relate to GroundTruth’s location data technology.
See what visitation data can do for you
Fill out the contact form below and an expert from our team can help you get started.
About the Media Rating Council
A non-profit industry association established in 1963, the MRC’s goal is to ensure that measurement services are valid, reliable, and effective.
MRC audit activities encompass varying methods of media-related measurement across the different forms of available media including Digital, Out-of-Home, Print, Radio, and Television, as well as cross-platform products.
Accreditation by a trusted third party provides advertisers and media agencies full assurance they are buying location metrics that comply with the MRC’s standards.